Sunday, August 31, 2014

Travel the World in Books Readathon (September 1-14, 2014) #TraveltheWorldinBooksRAT

Lost in Books, Savvy Working Gal and Moms' Small Victories are happy to announce the Travel the World in Books Readathon, coming September 1-14, 2014!

"The readathon is a chance to explore our world by reading books set in other countries or by authors from countries other than the one where you live. Learning about other cultures helps promote diversity, cultural tolerance and understanding. If you think #WeNeedDiverseBooks just as much as we do, sign up your blog and join us. If you don’t have a blog, feel free to comment, share on social media or Goodreads. Don’t forget to sign up for our no-stress Travel the World in Books Reading Challenge too, where you choose your own adventure and set your own rules!"

SIGN UP HERE


I am working on my reading list today and headed out for vacation tomorrow.

* rubs hands together in anticipation *

GOALS: I plan to read at least five books during the readathon. I hope to visit most of the participants - internet access willing. I will try to post some of the books on PaperBackSwap when I finish reading them (in case you would like to read them as well).

Introductions (Day 1)

Getting to Know You Questions (Day 2)

What are you planning on reading during #TraveltheWorldinBooksRAT?




UPDATE: I completed my reading goals for the Travel the World in Books Readathon while on vacation. Now that I have internet access, I'll be posting my book reviews soon. I've decided to join the reading challenge.


Where are you reading?


5 comments:

  1. 5 books in two weeks? I am jealous you can read that fast. I am doing good when I finish one a week! So great that you are doing Paperback Swap. I thought about it but then thought I will just give mine away to Readathon participants :) thanks for joining our Travel the World in Books Readathon. Talk to you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just checking in to see how you are doing. Where in the world are you reading now? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in Japan with Tokyo Heist. Where are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reading Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand so in Germany, Japan and US and main characters family is from Italy.

      Delete